Monday, June 9, 2008

Thirteen years and going strong!

Before you start reading this post be sure to click play on the playlist to your right. I couldn't figure out how to get it to autoplay. I had to post this song with this entry because WE LOVE IT! It describes Karl and I perfectly!


As I look back over the years of my life I am always left to wonder at all the amazing things my Father in Heaven has blessed me with.
-It starts with totally supportive parents who overcame a lot of things to make it to the temple to be sealed together.
-I have enjoyed Freedom and Prosperity my whole life.
-I live in a time when we think nothing of the miracle and convenience of electricity, running water, electric heat, air conditioning, telephones, cellphones, and flushing toilets that live right inside our homes!
-I have been blessed with the gospel around me from the time I was just young.
-I have been blessed with health.
-I have been relatively protected from the burdens of sickness, death, and loss that so many people seem to be constantly surrounded with.
-I have four beautiful, healthy, children that I have had the fortunate opportunity of spending lots of time with, making many happy memories!
-I have been extremely blessed to see many truly inspiring, things in this country that I love, things that have changed my heart and my outlook on life.
-I have been blessed to meet many, many giants that have touched my life and have opened my eyes to the true meaning and purpose of life.
-I have been privileged to have some of these giants stay in my life. They are my "kindred spirits".
-I have on several very special occasions felt Heavenly Fathers spirit witness to me that He is, and that He loves me very much.
-I have been blessed with time. Time to spend with my kids, time to spend with my family and friends, time to spend reading, learning, and growing, time to spend thinking and feeling.

I could continue on, and on, and on. The point is, I never cease to be amazed and humbled at the things that I have been so lovingly given by my Father in Heaven. I am always grateful. However, of all these things, the blessing that amazes me the most, the thing that, try as I may, I can never comprehend, is.....


The gift of a most amazing, devoted, intelligent, attractive, strong, and righteous man-




My Husband!



Karl,

It has been 13 years ago today that I married you in the Manti temple for time and all eternity. I remember my feelings that day, feelings of excitement, hope, and dreams for our future together. I remember feeling like the luckiest girl on earth.
After 13 years of marriage I now know that I am the luckiest girl on earth!
When I married you it seemed that 13 years of marriage would just never come. It just didn't seem like that much time would ever elapse. I say that with a little chuckle. I now realize that time doesn't just click by, it is very sneaky and when we're not watching it flies very quickly forward. I'm grateful for time however quickly it goes! It now seems as if I can't remember a time that I have ever not loved you and I look forward to much more time to love you!
There is a Scripture that describes what you are to me: "...Ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people."
How I could love you this much, I don't know!
But, I do!

Happy 13th Anniversay
With an Eternal Love,
Amy



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

It has been a great 13 years. I love the memories we have shared together and also those with our children. Thank you for my 4 children. Thank you for being such a great Mom and a great Wife.

Love you always,

Karl

Mimi said...

Ahh... sweet! Kelly and I had our 18th Anniversary on Sunday... so we celebrated on Monday. It's amazing to me that we have been together that long but then I don't really recall a time without him either. Life really started in the Temple on June 8, 1990! I too have been so very blessed with a wonderful man. He still makes my heart race when he comes in the door. I am so thankful for him and for the love we share. God is wonderful... he just blesses us so.

Tammie said...

Oh how sweet!!! Happy Anniversary you two! Thank you so much for your wonderful example and amazing friendship!

Love you TONS!!!!!!

Nancy said...

Amy,

Talk about time flying. I have been married to your dad for almost 34 years!! I am sorry I forgot to wish you "Happy Anniversary." But I know that you know how my brain works. "IT DOESN'T".!!!!! LOL!!! Hope it was great!! Love, MOM