Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Grandpa, Benjamin Noyes

Late last night we were on our way home from Colorado when we recieved word that my dear old Grandpa had passed away. It is hard for me to put into words the emotion that this news effected in me. We all knew it wasn't long. For several weeks now he has been a real trooper and such an example to me. Well, what am I saying, he has been a huge example to me all my life. I was relieved for him, heart broken for our family and my sweet grandma. And although I was crying and I felt like a piece of my heart had been taken from my chest I was blessed very strongly to feel Granpa's spirit. It was not a spirit of sadness, nor of worry. There was no anger, or pain, just simply peace. I felt like he, yet again, was giving me a gift. A final gift of peace.


My children's hearts have been hurt badly. I tried to get them to open up and feel this gift of peace that Grandpa so wanted them to have. After getting home from the hospital at around mid-night we were able to have a brief talk and cuddle on the couch. Karl said a family prayer and told our loving Heavenly Father to tell Grandpa how much we loved him. The sweet spirit of peace came again VERY strongly and even my children were more calm after that prayer. I think they, in some small way, were also able to recieve Grandpa's gift.


I love you Grandpa Noyes, with all my heart. There have been countless times I have gotten down on my knees and told my Heavenly Father how thankful I am to be your grandaughter. You are one of my biggest heroes. For 33 years now you have been a very special part of my life. My mind is filled with memories of you. You have taught me so much. Thank you! I love you, and I will miss you dearly every day!

3 comments:

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

What a NEAT little post! I ABSOLUTELY loved the slideshow. I am so grateful for the gospel in our lives especially at a time like this. I hope that your kids/the entire family will continue to feel his spirit throught this time and throughout each of their lives. He was definitely one of a kind. He will be missed but will live FOREVER in our memories. We LOVE you! =D

Stephanie Black said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sad and heartbroken for you and all the Noyes family. Your Granpa Ben was a great guy. You are all so lucky to have him around for so long. I'm sure this will be hard to not have him around anymore, but the gospel will give you peace to know that you have the chance to be with him again. I hope all goes well in the next couple of days for your family!
Love,
Steph

Brittany said...

I totally agree, I didn't know him as long as you, but I think even anyone who would have met him once would have known what a great person he was. I will miss him.