Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A little update, if anyone is still around!

It has been a very long time since I updated this blog and I'm on the verge of giving this blogging thing up, I just keep asking myself is this the BEST thing I can be spending my time on. LOL I'm probably just making excuses because I feel bad whenever I don't get the thing updated for so long.
Things have been going very well for us. I am very excited that things have started to change from winter to spring. I love all the seasons but I'm always so excited when the cold starts to be overcome by the warm. We have been enjoying the outside air and I am dying to go to the Arches. It seems as if that is going to be pushed off for about three weeks more however. SAD!
We have had lots of birthday celebrations going on around our place. Jax and Luke both had birthdays in January and Kenzi in Feburary. Jacelin's birthday is on the sixth. Kenzi turned 12 and started Young Women's. She is loving it and I am trying to adjust to the fact that she is that old! SAD! But she is a beautiful girl and I often marvel at how I was blessed with such a good girl, and one so strong and steadfast in her beliefs. I'm so thankful for each of my kids.
The end of January, actually right during the two boy's birthdays we got SICK. Man we got strep throat and then the flu, which turned into RSV in my baby and he was soooo sick for about three weeks. We avoided the hospital by the skin of our teeth and because we were blessed to have resources at home that most don't have. It was a heart wrenching and stressful three weeks, but we have all recovered and Luke is back to his little rambunctious self. HAPPY!
We are looking forward to our first trip to Colorado with Karl on Monday. The first trip out in the camp trailer is always a happy occasion for us. We are going to the Draper Temple open house on Friday for Jacee's birthday and then Karl, I and Kenzi are going to the Thomas Jefferson Education Forum on Saturday. We are very much looking forward to this. It always gives us more inspiration and a great reminder of what we are doing! HAPPY!
Homeschool is going good. My younger children have both taken an interest in animals and have been studying away. Jax has learned all about fish and has earned the money to buy a fish tank and supply it with fish. Unfortunately he has lost several of them but this keeps him reading and learning. He told me today if he was to set up another tank all the things he would do differently. Jacee is learning all about bunnies and has pulled at her Uncle Chase and her Grandpa's heart strings enough that they are actively helping her set up a rabbit cage. She is constantly doing chores so she can earn money to buy pellets (that is what she tells me they eat) and she wants to have a bunny birthday party! (This could be lots of fun!) Kenzi is still writing stories and reading, reading, reading! That girl puts her mom to shame when it comes to the amount of reading she does. It has been fun however, we both share a love of Anne Shirley, we get talking and giggling quite a lot about her. She is now up into the series where she is married and so the tone of our talks will change a little I'm betting. It will still be fun though! Luke is talking up a storm and makes us laugh constantly. He can tell you the sounds of several of his letters thanks to a little secret we have! LOL
I hope things with your families are going well. We love you all!

9 comments:

Mimi said...

Amy, the blog is worth your time and it is a good thing to spend a little bit of time with because you are sharing of yourself with others and in the process you are journaling your life... which is not really a commandment, more of a suggestion... but still a very good thing. And besides that, I love being able to catch up with what's going on in your lives! lol :)
I am glad everyone is feeling better and that Luke's RSV was not worse. Now that Kenzi is in Young Women's you will start to learn all sorts of things about being a mother to a teenage girl... ha ha ha... just kidding... my teenage daughter has been AMAZING and I have enjoyed every minute of it. She just got so much busier... lol.
Ah... Anne Shirley! I LOVE HER! Books and movies... wonderful stories and worth reading for everyone!
Well, this is too long but I love you all!
Mimi

Trent, Natalie and Jantz said...

Thanks for updating! I am SO glad everyone is doing better now and that things are going well in the Kraync home. We can't wait to see you! Sounds like you have been busy!

Tammie said...

Lots of good stuff going on. You will be glad one day that you took the time to post about it. Even if it is rarely! ;)

Love you, love you!

Sondra said...

Amy, I'm also glad that you haven't given up your blog. I have felt close to you since the first time I was able to talk with you and get to know you. I may not check in very often, but I love to read about what is happening in your life and with your family.

Cody has been reading all about fish and he has set up a ten gallon tank in his bedroom. He has been getting it ready for fish and will probably buy a few bala sharks in a day or two. Maybe he can show it to Jax sometime. What kind of fish did Jax have? Maybe he and Cody can discuss fish sometime.

I noticed what a lovely young lady Kenzie has become. You are a lucky mom, but then they are lucky to have you as well.

Sondra said...

PS Tiff and I adore Anne Shirley, she always found herself in the funniest predicaments. And of course we were always a bit in love with Gilbert.

Stephanie Black said...

Hi Amy! I'm so glad you did an update. I've been checking for a while now wondering what happened to you :). Don't stop blogging. I'll have no idea what is going on with you (ok, I could call but we both know that I don't so far). :) Anyways, I love the blog update on the whole family. You guys have had tons going on in the last couple of months, the sickness sounds aweful. I hope all is better now. I've seen the signs for the James Cobb park above Grand Junction. I'm glad you told me about it. We will for sure check it out. Also, when you come over next week, maybe we could ride up and hang out with you there for a while. Email me when you are going to be there and your cell # and I'll be in touch. It would be really fun to get together. stephanie.black@live.com.
Love,Steph

Brittany said...

Hey it is nice to get an update on your family. Jax will love the fish tank and I still can't believe Kenzi is old enough for young women's. Hope all is well.

Nancy said...

The blog is a fun thing. I never thought of it being like a journal, but it really is. Nice suggestion that Mimi made. I too am glad that all of the sickness is gone from our family and I won't be disappointed if it never comes back to visit us. LOL! I am excited that Kenzi got one of the main parts in the play. I can't wait to come and watch her and the other too kids perform. Congratulations Kenzi, Jax, and Jacee. Granny loves all of you!!!

Simler Family said...

I haven't been on for a while, but I love being able to see and hear about what you and your family are doing! We miss you so much! Let's try to get together this summer!

Love,

Tanya