Sunday, September 30, 2007

Liberty Kids go to BASIC TRAINING!!!


Last week as you know we talked of George Washington's childhood. This week we talked of his life as a soilder. We had a great time when Chris Bernard, a drill sargent for the U.S. Army, came to visit our class and teach us a little bit about what it means to be a soilder now days. The kids were put into a formation and taught some drills. They were then tested to see who could be the best "soilder". They tried hard but most of them got out because of giggles! They had a really good time. Jax got dubbed as "Mr. Questions" because he and his friend Jaren asked many, many questions-mostly about guns and tanks! They were put through an obstacle course and even competed in a push up contest, in which Jax came in second behind his friend Jaren. It was a great day! When I asked the kids if they had plans of being in the army I knew Kenzi would say no but I was interested in Jax's response. He told me he didn't think he was too intrested. Boy did I breath a sigh of relief!! Only time will tell. Here are some pictures of our fun day:



1 comments:

Mimi said...

Hey Amy,

Sounds like you guys had a fun day! I will be updating tonight or tomorrow. I have had a super busy week. I have tried to check yours often too to see if you updated.
Have a GREAT day!
Mimi