Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bees, Bees, Bees,

Well here are the latest pictures of our newest adventure!.......




Jax the BeeKeeper!!!!! (so cute!)




This is the cage that the queen bee comes in. You can't see her very well, but she is darker and bigger than the others.

Jax has had an intrest in being a beekeeper for a little more than a year now. He has read several books that he found and begged his dad to take him to class that our county offered on Beekeeping. He absolutely loved the class. He comes to talk to me often with information he learns from his bee books. He truly amazes me. Karl and I decided that for Jax's birthday we would get him the stuff he would need to start his dream of beekeeping. I was so funny to see his face when recognition dawned! He opened the present and seen the funny white hat. He looked confused but as he pulled it out and seen the yellow net he realized what it was and he just lit up! It was so fun. I will never forget the joy that registered on his face. He is hoping that he can make a go of his hobby and make some money for himself. Karl and I decided he would need some help for the first little while and so Karl also got himself a hive and starter kit. It should be a great adventure for them..... and me! I'm excited to learn about candle making and soap making. (That makes me sound like a pioneer, huh?) Oh well, I'm still excited. If any of you have a good recourse on beekeeping we would love to know it. We have ALOT to learn! Love you all and enjoy the rest of the pictures!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow... looks fun and scary all at the same time! I am sure he will have lots of fun and learn so much with this new adventure!
What a FUN Birthday present! :)
Enjoy, Jax!
Mimi

Tammie said...

That is the coolest! You guys never cease to amaze me! Jax will make a great bee keeper! Can't wait to try some of his honey!!!!

Love ya, Miss ya tons!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey that is pretty cool. Maybe by next year you will have some honey.
April

Anonymous said...

ill just stay in touch with the pictures, i do not want to see it "hands on" if you know what i mean!! :D have fun with that lil buddy!!