Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Me, Myself, and I

I was informed by my friend and cousin that I had been tagged! LOL! This is a new one for me but here goes. She says I just have to list facts about myself. Actually this has been a thoughtful time for me.
Me? Who am I? Have you ever wondered who your real self is? Do you ever feel like you have this sort of untouchable reality of who you want to be? A peaceful, happy, self? I do! But how do I become that peaceful happy self?
I have been reading a book. This book explains that we are all made up of a body and a soul. We are all familiar with this concept, only we think of it a little bit differently and call it a body and a spirit. It goes on to explain that we also have a "mortal personality" I like to think of this as "the natural man". The book talks about how the spirit part of us, or our subconscious, remembers who we are, knows our mission! The spirit, the book explains, "endeavours to bring this mission to expression..." It goes on later to state, "If the personality could and would act wholly in harmony with it's soul...man would be living in perfect harmony." The book calls this state of perfect harmony, or living our full potential, our "Higher Self." This is what I like to call our Soul Potential.
To free that peaceful person, to "put off the mortal man", to live in perfect harmony, to reach my "Soul potential", to find and complete my mission, this is my quest!
The scriptures say: "Man are that they might have joy!" I have pondered that a lot lately. I feel that if I could just learn how to really live the gospel fully, then I would be a woman of joy! It's not that I am unhappy. I am happy. I am happy to be a mom and a wife. I have everything I need and many comforts that make my life comfortable. But I'm talking about the joy that comes from loving all men unconditionally with a Christ like love, never having a mean thought towards anyone or anything, having complete faith in my Father in Heaven's Plan of Salvation and His love towards me, never feeling angry and raising my voice. The joy that comes from living in harmony with the rest of the world and, therefore, every aspect of the gospel.
As I listened to conference this past weekend I noticed that several of the speakers mentioned hidden knowledge, spiritual gifts, and our right to have these things. And not just how it is our right but, that this knowledge and these gifts are going to be completely necessary, in these times of uncertainty, to carry us through. These are the deep down personal things that will help me free that peaceful person who lives inside of me. I'm going to find that hidden knowledge and gain those spiritual gifts that are mine! I'm going to find the joy that comes from reaching my "Soul Potential" and being ME!
Me? Who am I? What are some facts about me?

I love the Lord.
Photobucket
I love the gospel.
Photobucket
I love my husband.

I love my children.

I love truth.
Photobucket
I love light.
Photobucket
I love beauty.
Photobucket
I'm trying to be like Jesus! I'm thankful for His love.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mimi said...

YAY! You did it! And you put way more into it than I did! I enjoyed reading it and the beautiful pictures you added. My journals are filled with those kinds of thoughts too. Now, if we could've only caught that vision when we were younger... so much more time to work on it... right? Amy, you always amaze me and I am better for having known you. I am so glad I was blessed to become a part of this family. :)

About those crazy times with our kids... that's just the norm around here. :) We do enjoy one another's company. I consider that one of my greatest blessings.
Thank you for playing along with my fact game..
Love ya,
Mimi

Lisa said...

Amy, well said! You are such an inspiration to me. You are such a wonderful person. Keep up the great work. I sure appreciate all you do for everyone.
Love ya,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. You have such a neat family and I love the pictures! You are really inspiring! I'm glad we can be friends.
Love,
Melissa

Tammie said...

Oh how lucky I am to call you friend! You inspire me! You are such a wonderful example! Ry was reading this the other day and said man she is so awesome I was like I know I know!!!

We love you so much!!!!!!!