Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A little bit of the joy in our life

I know that you are all anxious to see progress on our house but I just wanted to take a second and share with you some of the things that make our life a little brighter.


The kids just finished up a production of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat with our community theatre. It was the first time we have been envolved with our community theatre, and it was GREAT! The kids loved it! They got to see what is envolved behind the scenes. They learned how much time and practice it takes to put together a show. They made new freinds, and performed very well. I've found that there are very few things in this life that actually make my children better people. After all the hours that I have spent taking my children to basketball practice and sitting on the bleachers watching gymnastic meets and wrestling tournaments, I am finally learning that lesson. There have been a few amazing oppurtunities that have made a difference in our families life. Oppurtunities that I know were worth all the effort. I know without a doubt my children will always remember the comradary they gained by working together with a group of people as a team. They will never forget the satisfaction that comes from working hard at something and seeing that something bless other peoples lives. I know they will always carry with them the lessons of forgivness and personal mission that Joseph taught them during that short period of time. I'm so thankful my kids were able to have such a good experience at such a young age. I pray that I can be more selective in our activities and make the choice to only participate in the ones that are truly going to help my children become who they are meant to be. Anything else is only keeping them from accomplishing this goal!


You've all read the story I'll Love You Forever. Do these pictures strike a cord?




I couldn't help but be reminded about how much I love my children when I witnessed this little incident. Luke got out of sight for two minutes and this is where I found him. I had to take a minute and snap some pictures! It's moments like these that make my memories! I had to share them with those I love!

The weekend before conference weekend we had the special oppurtunity to travel to Garland, Utah and see my new little nephew be blessed. Chad pronounced such a special blessing upon him and I had witnessed to me, as I have had with my own children, that Tanner was sent here for an amazing purpose. Heavenly Father has a special plan for these children. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood and men who are worthy to hold it, and use it to pronounce spectacular blessings on their children.

It was a also a special time because it was the first time that our whole family was all together at once since Trent returned home.

Now for the house:

It has been super cold and I have felt very bad for our great framers! They have worked tirelessly in getting the house standing even as the wind literally knocked them down several times! Thankfully no one has been hurt and we are making progress. Karl has been busy, busy, busy, working! And we haven't seen him much. When he is not working he is up at the property and because it has been so cold we haven't been able to be up there with him. Thanks to my dad we are keeping caught up. He has made him self sick and tired, wearing himself out up there. Our house is coming together and I am so excited. I feel such a spirit of peace when I am near my home. I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for allowing us this oppurtunity. I know He is overseeing it all. He is taking care of us and we are so blessed.
Our house is completely covered now and shingles start going on tomorrow if the weather holds. I will have to post more pictures after the shingles are on.

We love each of you and hope all is well with your families!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Thanks for sharing all that fun stuff and fun fun pictures.
Our kids have loved every minute of being involved in a production like the Mormon MIracle Pageant every year. Many of their best friends were made while doing it. I agree, it has made them better people and has made a huge difference in each of our lives. I must admit, I feel like a bad mother since I have allowed my kids to be involved in so many sports when I read your statement about sports. I have always thought that they learned so much from being involved with a team and had so much growth in their character from participating in a variety of different things. I wanted them to be well rounded and experience many opportunities. But, then I think I always feel like a bad mother around you because you are so amazing! I know I could never do all the amazing things you do for your children to make them better people. The best I things I have done for my kids is make sure they know the Gospel and then love them and enjoy them. (The great people they have become is not due to anything great I have done. I have just been extremely blessed with good kids.) I only wish I could be the kind of mother you are!!!!! You are seriously amazing! :)
On another note, the house is looking AWESOME! Congrats! I bet you will be so excited to get into it when it's done!
Keep sharing the photos... I love love to see them...kids do the most amazing things, don't they?
Love you,
Mimi

Amy said...

Mimi,

Thanks for the great compliments. That was sweet of you, how I wish they were true. I not nearly as amazing as you make me seem, I just know my kids are meant to be.
Isn't it funny how we are always hardest on ourselves. You are a great mom! It is so funny because I'm always telling Karl that I wish I could just relax and have as much fun with my kids as you and Kelly do. I hope you don't think that I am implying that sports are bad things. I am not. I just don't feel like they are going to have an impact on what my children are going to become. I have felt the difference between my childrens expeirence with the play and their past experiences with other things, namely gymnastics, wrestling, and basketball (however not as much with basketball). I was just amazed at what a differt spirit accompainied the play. I know it was beneficial to who they are to become where as the sports, not so much. But I think that sports are definatly impactful for other families. To me, it boils down to this, if what they are doing is helping them progress then that is exactly what they should be doing. And if it doesn't then they are wasting their time and the Lords. It is such a personal thing. I was just expressing my thoughts for my own family. I'm sorry I didn't clarify that better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

I love looking at your blog. Thanks for sharing all of these great pictures. I think I'm finally figuring out the comment thing. Your family is so darn cute. I love getting up-to-date. I think your oldest girl looks like Brandi?! They are all cute. It was fun to see pictures of your brothers since it's been over 10 years! They have grown up! It was neat to see pics of your mom and dad and grandparents too. I hope all is well with them.

I'm so happy for you all. I'm excited for you about the house and the huge lot. Where is it? Well hopefully the weather begins to cooperate out there and you get your house done this summer.

Keep sharing. I'm going to get this blog thing figured out here soon, it looks fun!

Love,
Stephanie Black

Amy said...

Steph,

It was so good to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder if I had lost track of you in your move. Give me an update on your family. And I would love for you to get a blog going. That would be so wonderful.

Love ya, Amy