Sunday, May 4, 2008

Derby's, Daughters, and Friends

On May 30th, Jax was able to participate in his first ever Pine Wood Derby. He and Karl worked together to build what was the first Pine Wood Derby for both of them. They had a great time and even Grandpa Boyd got into the spirit by helping to sand the axle's. Finally the time came to race and Jax was so excited. His anticipation continued to grow as he waited for his turn to race. Finally his name was announced and it was his turn. You can imagine his disappointment when he lost the very first race! LOL He handled it very well with an "Oh Shoot" and a big smile. He continued to race and didn't loose once after that! When they announced the winners for the Bear group he was told that he needed to stay after for the overall race! That was pretty exciting news. He was going to be racing against the two best derby's in the Wolf and Webelo's group. When all was said and done he was very excited to have taken 2nd in the overall race division! Every one complimented him and his dad. Someone even joked around about what an engineer his dad must be! The mom of the boy who won first place said: "Well we've been doing this for fifteen years so you have that long to work on first place!" It was fun and Jax had a great time.



Kenzi recently entered a contest called "7 Reasons Why I Love My Mom" To enter it you had to write a list of 7 reasons why you love your mom (of course) and send in a picture of yourself with your mom. These pictures turned out so cute (Thanks Aunt Jeneil) I wanted to post them here for everyone to see. I'm going to post her list also because it was so tender. It touched my heart. These are the moments that make it all worth it! I love being a mom and I love being Kenzi's mom. I often marvel at the amazing girl she is and wonder what I did to deserve her. She is such an incredible girl. So thoughtful of others, so helpful to me. Out of this world smart, and so responsible. She has such a cute personality and is developing into a sweet young lady. I thank Heavenly Father every day for her. And pray that I can be the mom she deserves!


7 Reasons Why I Love My Mom

By: Kenzi Kraync

1. I love my mom because she cooks good dinners

2. I love my mom because she does not get mad when we accidentally do something wrong.

3. I love my mom because she loves us better when we get hurt.

4. I love my mom because she is afraid of moths and that makes me laugh

5. I love my mom because she teaches us a lot.

6. I love my mom because she always wants hugs.

7. I love my mom because she laughs with us.



Lately I have been thinking so much about why I have been blessed to have such amazing friends. Heavenly Father has truly given me the best friends a person could ever hope to have! I'm so thankful that he has sent these people into my life, and my families life. They have truly made us better people. You know who you are and I love you all!

You know you have true friends when........

*You are feeling your worst, the phone rings, and when you pick it up you hear: "Are you alright? I just felt like I needed to call you. Whats up?"
*Your girlfriend lends you $40.00 bucks to run to the store because you forgot your money!
*They haul their whole family two hours down to your house just to help you work all day in the home you are building and turn around and go home!

You know you have true friends when:

*You don't agree on everything and it's okay because you agree on the important things.
*You feel as comfortable at their home as you do your own and vice versa.
*You know you are always welcome.

You know you have true friends when:

*Even though you haven't seen them in months you can pick up right were you left off. It's as if you were never apart.
*They make it a point to keep in touch even if miles and miles separate them.
*Your whole family is able to go on a two week vacation with their whole family and you still love each other just as much when it's over!

Here is a quote I love:

Life is a garden.
Good friends are the flowers and time spent together....
life's happiest hours.
And friendship like flowers blooms ever more fair....
when carefully tended by dear friends who care.





Update on the home:

We now have windows and doors (except for the front door)! Yeah! We are so excited about that. Here are a couple of pictures to keep you updated on the progress:


7 comments:

Mimi said...

Fun stuff! The house is looking GREAT! :)

How sweet of your daughter to list those reasons for loving you...

For Alex's on stage question(the judges pick their favorite question and answer from your interview earlier in the day to have you answer on stage for the audience) they asked her " On your fact sheet, it says that your mother is your inspiration for everything can you tell us why?" Her answer was "because my mom has had cancer 3 times and has a heart condition and through all her trials she hasn't complained, she just pushes thru and keeps on going and puts everyone else ahead of herself."
I will admit... it put a tear in my eye. I surely don't think I am all that but it makes a mom feel good to hear her child say something like that about her.

Oh, and they had a Queen and 4 Attendants... Alex got 2nd Attendant...she made it to the TOP 3! Not bad, huh?! She was happy with that. We were so proud of her and all the hard work she put into it.

Trent and Natalie made it and it was so fun to have them here with us for that. Kelly and Trent and Kotah gave out quite a few loud yells for her when she would enter the stage. She said she could tell which ones were them out of all the crowd. :) It made her feel good that he and Natalie would come all that way to give her some support! Aren't families wonderful?!
Well, love ya,
Mimi

Amy said...

I know it really does make you feel good when you hear that your kids love you and look up to you. Sometimes it feels like we are always having to be the "Bad Guys" and we wonder how they really feel about us. It is so nice to have an occasion to hear it from them.

Alex looks so beautiful. She should be very proud of herself. Will she try out again next year?

I'm glad Trent and Natalie came, they are so cute. Trent is a crazy guy I bet he and Kelly did holler! It sounds fun and I'm glad you posted some info. about the contest. I was wondering.

Love, Amy

Barlow Family said...

Looks like you have alot to live up to now with a 2nd place finish your first year of racing. Dont you know that you are suppose to come in dead last your first year so that you can get better every year.

I hope for Dee's sake (and mine) that we can have a girl some day, that can be as good for Dee is girls are for you.

Jeff

Tammie said...

Oh how sweet what a fun post! I love Kenzi's thoughts and the pictures of you two!! I also love your thoughts about friends. You are so one of those true friends! I am so blessed to call you friend!

Love you so much!

Brittany said...

Tell Jax congrats on the derby (and Karl). I bet it was a fun project for them. The pictures of you and Kenzi turned out great. I really like the black and white one. Hope all is well and hope to see you soon. We should be coming to Price sometime this month.

Mimi said...

Hey it's time to make another post!!!! I need something to read...lol
Mimi

Nancy said...

Loved all the fun stuff. I'm glad you took pictures of Luke's first haircut. It is hilarious how he laid down during the cut. It is so like him. I have seen him do that so many times on different occassions and it's great you captured it on film to show him later. How fun!!! Love, MOM