Thursday, May 22, 2008

Need help remembering what the really important things are?

The other day when it was so nice outside I called my dear cousin and asked her if she would come and help me tansplant some of my plants. I don't have a very green thumb and I'm am trying to learn. Any how, she graciously came and we had a great time. Pretty soon my Jacee, my little girl who loves any form of art, found us and had to join in the planting fun. She has recently discovered the joy of planting and now I have 5 or 6 paper cups full of soil sitting around my house because she insists that her plants have to come in each night! Some of them are starting to bloom and she is so excited. I'm glad to know she has an intrest in learning this skill. It has to be a legacy passed on to her from two of her great-grandmothers. It is fun for me to see her so excited about something so beautifully simple.


Speaking of simple. During our planting time we had the hose running very slowly. We weren't using it all the time so when we weren't using it, it was just laying on the lawn running. It was at one of these times that Luke discovered it. He was so intrigued. It was so heart warming to watch him discover this new and interesting thing. I took some pictures and you can just see the wonder in his eyes. He had us all captivated. We watched him, and videoed him, and took pictures of him for 45 minutes. Later that night I thought of this experience and realized that this quote by M. Russell Ballard is so true:

The purposes of the Lord
in our personal lives
generally are fullfilled
through the small and simple things,
and not the momentous and spectacular.

I got on my knees and humbly thanked my Heavenly Father for this special moment in my life. For the sweet reminder that life is to be "enjoyed, not just endured" and thanked Him for an even bigger reminder that generally the small and simple things are the momentous and spectacular!

I found this fun sight that allows you to make scrap blogs. Take a moment and visit this scrapblog of Luke's discovery of the water: http://www.scrapblog.com/496a266041/0BE0D60F-7047

Here are some pictures of Jacee and her friend planting with my cousin, who my kids call "Aunt Jill"


Here is a video we took of Luke playing in the water. It is so fun. I don't know how to take the sound off so you will have to ignore those of us enjoying him in the background.


Before I close this post, I have to add pictures of one more HUGE event in our life........
LUKE'S FIRST HAIR CUT!!!!
I know, I know, laugh if you want, but it was a very, very sad day for me. I couldn't bear the thoughts of cutting off his cute, but willy curls! Thanks to my good friend Kristine for being so understanding! LOL
Here are the before pictures:

And here are the during pictures:

Being pretty good, looks like it's going smoothly you say.........

Well: (looks can be decieving, you know!)

Yes, he is laying down and throwing a fit, and yes Kristine is cutting his hair side ways! LOL

And Kenzi comes in for the save!

Luke was as mad about getting his curls cut off, as I was sad!

Now what you have all been waiting for:

The after picture.......

He still has the curls, and yes he still has those gorgeous baby blues!

Thanks for keeping in touch with our family. I love to hear your comments. Keep them coming!

Love you all,

Amy

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Yep... it's the simple things that make life wonderful.
Thanks, I like my new layout... so it may stay for awhile. Also, heading into pageant season and doing a wedding slideshow video for a gal that Alex used to cheer with so I am not sure I will have a ton of time to make a new one... lol! I thought that both you and I were starting to slack so I made myself write a new post. Don't know if you got my email yet but Brant is going to the Rapid City, South Dakota Mission. I think that Gary is putting in his papers in the next couple of weeks or maybe he already did by now. I just know it was going to be close to when Brant did.

Luke's new haircut is ADORABLE! He is such a cutie! Thanks for sharing the pics and the video! Isn't it fun to watch them discover knew things? I love those moments. I had one of those with my daughter tonight. I will probably go post about it on my blog... I know it will go in my journal.

Isn't Jill the BEST?! I just love her and she is so very good with all the kids!
Well, didn't mean to make this so long...
Love you guys,
Mimi

Mimi said...

Okay Amy... I have posted I think 3 new posts probably since you have checked. Now, it's your turn again...
Love ya,
Mimi

Brittany said...

Chad told me to tell you, he really likes Luke's hair now. I really enjoyed your scrapbook pages. I am slowly learning how to do it. I just need to take the time to sit down and learn. Tell the kids hello. Hope all is well.

Tammie said...

Oh how cute! I LOVE, love, love the scrap book pages!!!! That Luke what a cutie. Glad he is doing well!!! The little video was lots of fun we got a kick out of it! And we were sad to see his curls were getting cut to. He's still dang cute though!!

Love ya, miss you all sooooooo much!!!!!