Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What have we been up to?......

Okay, okay, it has been a while since I posted anything on my blog. Well that is mostly because we have been busy, busy with our house and figuring out who to vote for at our Republican State Convention where Karl and I had the awesome opportunity to go and represent our county as State Delegates. It was an awesome experience and I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the rich opportunities he has given us to learn more about our government. He truly does love and care for this Nation. Karl and I have felt a huge responsibility to do our part. We are so passionate about Freedom and have committed to do our part to insure that we keep it. It has not all been fun. It has required A LOT of reading and learning and A LOT of prayer to sort out what we learn. But we have gained a passion and love for our country and a desire to learn and do more to insure that it regains and retains it's greatness. Did you ever think that I would become a politician (well okay I don't feel like a politician, I just feel like Freedom!)? Did I? The Lord does work in mysterious ways! LOL

Just sharing a couple of pictures of the state convention.

I received this email message from a good friend of mine (thanks Jeff) and I had to post it here. It sends chills up my spine and really touched base with me. I hope you get chills too!
Here is the message:


Dear God:

Why didn't you save the school children at ?

Northern Illinois University

Virginia Tech

Amish Country, PA

Columbine High School

Moses Lake, Washington 2/2/96

Bethel , Alaska 2/19/97!

Pearl , Mississippi 10/1/97

West Paducah , Kentucky 12/1/97

Stam P, Arkansas 12/15/97

Jonesboro , Arkansas 3/24/98

Edinboro , Pennsylvania 4/24/98

Fayetteville , Tennessee 5/19/98

Springfield , Oregon 5/21/98

Richmond , Virginia 6/15/98

Littleton , Colorado 4/20/99

Taber , Alberta, Canada 5/28/99

Conyers , Georgia 5/20/99

Deming , New Mexico 11/19/99

Fort Gibson , Oklahoma 12/6/99

Santee , California 3/ 5/01 and

El Cajon , California 3/22/01?



Sincerely,

Concerned Student





Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:



I am not allowed in schools.



Sincerely,

God



How did this get started?...

Let's see, I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained she didn't want any prayer in our schools. And we said, OK...



Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible that says: 'Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, And love your neighbors as yourself.' And we said, OK...



Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehaved because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem. And we said, "An expert should know what he's talking about." So we won't spank them anymore...



Then someone said teachers and principals better not discipline our children when they misbehave. And the school administrators said "No faculty member in this school better touch a student when they misbehave because we don't want any bad publicity, and we surely don't want to be sued. And we accepted their Reasoning...



And the entertainment industry said, "Let's make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence and illicit sex, and let's record music that encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes. And we said, it's just entertainment and it has no adverse effect and nobody takes it seriously anyway, so go right ahead.



Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, classmates or even themselves. Undoubtedly, if we thought about it long and hard enough we could figure it out. I'm sure it has a great deal to do with...



'WE REAP WHAT WE SOW,'



---------------------------------------------------



There are soft and subtle things going on all around us that threaten our precious liberty. I love this quote by Benjamin Franklin: "Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship." Can we afford to keep giving in to these seemingly "small" encroachments on our freedoms?


We must remember something that Martin Luther King, Jr. taught:
"Injustice everywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."


Here are some good things that I strive to remember. They are quotes from a man whom I very much admire:


The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within. -Ghandi


Let us fear God and we shall cease to fear man. -Ghandi


We live in the greatest nation on earth. I know you all feel the same. I'm so thankful for all of you in my life. I'm thankful that I live in a country that allows me to have these relationships with you. I'm thankful that I live in a nation where I'm allowed to share part of my testimony and beliefs with you. I'm so grateful to belong to the true gospel. A gospel that gives us hope, that teaches us that even with all the scary things that are going on in our nation, our Constitution, that Divinely Inspired document of Freedom, WILL be preserved! I'm thankful for that hope and I am honored to do my part to help fulfill that prophecy!

Okay thanks for letting me share some of my passion with you. Now for the fun stuff:

PICTURES!



Karl and I have been blessed with some of the greatest grandparents on this earth! We have been experiencing some difficulty with all of them this year. Grandpa Chick just go out of the hospital with internal bleeding and heart issues. Grandma and Grandpa Noyes have been very sick, down in bed with the flu. Grandma Lila is doing good, but slowing down. I never thought I would see that! It is hard to watch them age. We are so aware though, of the heritage we have inherited! We are so thankful to belong to families of such high character!

5 comments:

Barlow Family said...

You never said who you voted for Amy. Spill the beans. I thought you would like that Email I sent you, didn't know you would like it enough to put it in your blog.

Good Job.

Jeff

P.S. where are more house pics.

Mimi said...

Cool experience for you guys. Alex is very excited for both things... the money for school and the new calling. Kelly and Kotah can be crazy...lol. It was fun to watch them though. I did get Brittany's invite. I went and read her cute stuff and I even left her a comment. :) I am glad I came and read your post... otherwise I wouldn't know that Grandpa got released. We have sent emails asking Velda for an update but we haven't gotten an email or a phone call to let us know! So, thanks for putting that in your post.
Love, Mimi

Amy said...

Well Jeff,
Lets just say that most of the people we voted for didn't get in office! But, that is okay we got some important stuff accomplished! It's all about creating awareness and about learning and boy did I learn! ALOT!
Love, Amy

Tammie said...

Oh Wow Amy!! Love it! Love Jeff's email, Love your thoughts, Love that you are learning lots and making such a difference in the Freedom of our country! And I love you sweet Grandparents!

Thank you for your amazing example! Most of all I love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your picture at the beginning!! My email address is lovtracy@q.com. I seldom check it but sometimes i do!! SEE Love Tracy