Monday, October 29, 2007

The "Stuff" you've been waiting for!

George Washington, The Declaration of Independence, The Founding Fathers, Freedom, The Crossing of the Delaware, Henry Knox and Fort Ticonderoga, The American Flag, The Pledge of Allegiance, The National Anthem, Patrick Henry, Paul Revere, Abraham Clark, John Morton, Sacrifice, Courage, Conviction.
I could go on and on. These words hold a special place in my heart. They have great meaning in the history of our country. Are you familiar with all of them? No, probably not. Many of us were not privileged to be taught about these amazing men, events, and the miracles that attended them. If you were, I'm so glad, teach others. If you were not, take the time to learn about them. I have experienced an unexplainable love for my country and an unshakable testimony that the men who were called to found this country were some of the greatest men in the history of the earth. I know without doubt that God performed many miracles, through and for these men. His hand was in the founding of this country and it was only by his intervention that we are free today. I know also that our continued freedom is based on the continuity of Allegiance to God.I'm Proud to be an American! I don't understand all of the principles of the government that our founding fathers organized, but I want to continue to learn and support it. I don't want their sacrifices, and they did sacrifice, to be in vain. I hope to teach my children to love their country and understand the "stuff" their founding fathers were made of. I believe Heavenly Father made our children of that same "stuff"! We have heard many times that the constitution will hang by a thread. We will need leaders who are firm in their belief in God, courageous enough to stand up for their convictions, and dedicated enough to sacrifice all to achieve those convictions. A person who possesses all of these traits will be the means through which God will perform His miracles. We know this because we see it occur all through the pages of history. History repeats itself. I am very thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this testimony and for granting our family amazing opportunities to visit places that instill this "stuff" into our hearts. I hope you enjoy sharing our vacation with us.

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Amy,

What a wonderful vacation! What great things you are teaching your children! I can totally understand the sacrifices our fore fathers made. There are those still today that make sacrifices for this country in keeping it free for us. My father was one of those who sacrificed his life for this country and I have tried to teach my children about all of those who sacrificed and who still do sacrifice so much for us today. Thank you for sharing your trip with us! It was a great read and a great way to spend some of my time today. :)
Love ya,
Mimi

Amy said...

Hi Mimi, Thanks for the compliments. Posting this trip has taken quite some time!

Tammie said...

Oh Kraync KLAN how very awesome! It was so touching to see the pictures and have you express some of your thoughts and feelings! Wonderful, absolutely WONDERFUL! Sounds like a great trip! (Aside from waiting in the airport! :) Thanks so much for sharing it! Can't wait to see you guys and HEAR all about it!

Love and miss you all tons and tons!!!!

Sondra said...

Do you know how glad I am to know you? You are a beautiful woman! Thank you for the wonderful testimony! Here I go, tearing up again!

You must have spent a while thinking of the right words to express what you posted, and it was worth it. Thank you so much for the reminder. I will teach mine. And I'm so glad that you are my Dakota's teacher.

Tiff Alaine said...

I think your love of our country's history is awesome!
I agree that the generous sprinkling of amazing leaders we had at that time was unmistakably a miracle. George Washington is one of my heroes.

Amy said...

Mimi, Tam, Sondra, and Tiffany,

Thanks for all the kind words. I love reading your comments and I am so glad that Heavenly Father sent you all to be part of my life. You are all so special. I hope all is well with all of you.
Love you all, Amy

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!

I love it!!! You have such an AMAZING family! I look forward to the time I get to spend with everyone. Thanks for everything!

You did a really good job on your Valentine---That was a really good idea. It is so fun to see all the pictures through the years. Everyone changes so much.

I will look forward to more stories and pictures on here! Thanks for sharing everything with us!!!! Tell everyone I say HI.

Love,
Natalie