Monday, October 29, 2007

Williamsburg

After our fun time at Jamestown and Yorktown we spent a day at Williamsburg. We were not overly impressed with Williamsburg, but a few highlights of our trip was listening to Patrick Henry speak. He was fabulous. Very good acting and after his wonderful speech it was very neat to hear him answer questions (still in character) from the audience. It was very interesting to hear his answer to the questions: "Do you ever forsee a time when women will be allowed to vote?" "If you could look into the future to 2007 what would you think of the government today?" and many others. He was very accurate I think and spared no words is answering these questions. But then again, that is what Patrick Henry is known for right? It was awesome and I loved him. I know I would have loved Patrick Henry. His views are very close to my own. If you are interested in hearing his answers you should bring it up. We could have a great discussion one day. I wish that I would have had the ability to record him. Very Good!



Patrick Henry, himself.


We visited the Jail or the Gaol as they called them back then. The kids are sitting on the "throne" or the "privy" as they called it. Kenzi said "I wouldn't want to use this mom, someone could just open the door and walk right in on you." Cute huh? Well she's right.

Jax locked in the jail!

0 comments: